KINGDOM KIDS UPDATE

DEAR PARENTS,

I hope this letter finds you well. I want to inform you of a temporary change that will be taking place in our Children’s Ministry. After much prayer and thought, Pastor Jay, Edgardo, and I have decided that for the month of November and December we will not be offering Kingdom Kids during the church hour. That means that children grades 1st–5th will be attending service in the sanctuary with their parents. All other classes, nursery and preschool, will continue as normal. I pray that you can stay faithful with us during this time. This is not a decision that was made lightly. There are many factors that go into this decision that lead us to this conclusion and the staff and I feel that this is the best option for us right now.

Currently, we do not have enough volunteers to keep our Children’s Ministry running smoothly. There are not enough individuals to fill up our monthly volunteer rotation making it challenging to find coverage from Sunday to Sunday. Due to our great need for volunteers to serve, I also fear that people may be burning out and in need of a break. Lastly, we as a church are interested to see how our children respond to a church service. There is research that supports children being a part of intergenerational worship services. We want to know if this would be beneficial and worthwhile for our children. Having children in the service would give parents the opportunity to model how to worship, pray, and listen attentively to our pastor preach God’s word. I understand that it will be an adjustment for both you and your children; however, we feel that this short two-month period could give us some insight as to how to do Children’s Ministry in the future.

During the next two-month period time, there will still be classes for grades 1st-5th during the Sunday School hour. The students will continue to learn bible stories and be amongst their peers as we have in the past. In addition, there will be small packets including the bible story and a few activities that were taught that morning available for the children to work during the service that will be handed out with the church bulletin.

Following the New Year, you can expect us to be reaching out to you to collect feedback on how the last few months have gone. My hope is that we will be able to reestablish the Kingdom Kids with a stronger volunteer team and vision in January. You can help by praying that individuals would desire to serve and that we would have a clear vision of how the Lord wants us to run FBC’s Children’s Church. Thank you all for your service thus far in the Children’s Ministry. I cannot say enough how thankful I am for each of you and your commitment to the children. I truly appreciate each of you sacrificing your time, energy, patience and comfort in efforts of equipping the next generation for Gospel purpose. Please reach out to me in person or send me an email if you have any questions or concerns. I appreciate your support.

Sincerely,

Stephanie Harrison
Children Ministry Intern
children@fbcsudbury.org

CONTACT INFORMATION

STEPHANIE HARRISON | Children's Ministry Intern
children@fbcsudbury.org

All of our children's ministry volunteers are required to go through a background check and references. If you have any questions about this process, please email Stephanie.